Monday, September 30, 2013

Week 16


HEY Y’ALL!!  I am actually starting to naturally say y’all now.  It’s awesome!  So a miracle happened and this weekend has been BEAUTIFUL WEATHER!!! Like, it’s still hot but it has felt sooooooo good!!!! Hopefully it stays this way for a while! When we run in the mornings, it’s like cold! I love it!!!  So glad the Cougs could pull out the win even without lots of the players!!! And congrats to Janie for getting engaged!! SO happy for her!! (: Let her know I say congrats!! 

So many things to say this week and so many pictures to send!!!

I'll start off by talking about the half mission conference!!! It was so great! I SAW ELDER PERRY DAVIS (: Wow he is doing so great! He is a Zone leader in Tally and just lovin it!  He is the same old Perry! The nicest guy you'll ever meet! We got to talk for a while about all our friends and back home and it was sooooo fun! We took a picture but the angle is terrible and it looks like my arm was amputated haha! Just ignore that part!!  Then I saw Elder Murdoch!!!  I love that elder!!  He is so legit and he goes home at the end of this transfer so I said goodbye and good luck and he said he'll write me a letter when he gets home!!  Probably a wedding invite too because I know he'll get snatched quick!!  He is in Crawfordville and told me he has seen lots of Erik’s teaching records!!  I love when missionaries tell me about Erik’s teaching records they find! (:  There were 4 of us from our MTC District there!! Those missionaries are like MY FAMILY out here!!! Love sister Redd, Elder Stokes, and Elder Davidson!! Of course I wish I could have seen them all but it was nice to at least have them there!!! Such great people! I also met Sister Fuja (her grandpa is in the 6th ward) Sister Fuja is THE CUTEST!!! We would get along soooooooo well!!!!! Her and Sister Redd are a great companionship!!  Elder and Sister Pino spoke and it was awesome and President and Sister Smith did as well!!! So powerful as usual.  We have a goal of 450 baptisms this year for the FTM and we are very very behind but we all KNOW that we can accomplish it!! We need 15 baptisms per week, which is crazy, but doable with Heavenly Fathers help!! 

We stopped by the investigator’s house that had a hard time last week with us, to clear the air, and lots of good things are happening again.  She is working so hard on quitting smoking; we have to call her every day.  We've started teaching the lessons over very slowly and simply and she’s really getting it! We will continue to work with her until directed otherwise!!! I’m sending some pictures we took with her so you finally have a face to the name! (:

I'm also sending a picture of another lady! She is probably my favorite old lady in our ward! She never comes, but she is SUCH A HOOT!!! Love her so much!!

We had a potential investigator we tracted into and we tried teaching him.  Let’s just say I wish I had paid more attention in my Spanish classes!!! Sister Samuelian and I were trying so hard but it was very difficult!  I don't think he or the other people living at his house are very interested so we probably won’t need a translator but it was a fun experience!!

We also went out to a deep southern restaurant for lunch with a bunch of ladies in our ward!! We had fried green tomatoes (SOOOO GROSS) and lots of fried okra and I ordered chicken n’ dumplings because that was the only normal thing on the menu!! "PoFolks" was the name! So southern, so southern.

We had a good lesson with a family who are returning members.  It was cool because I NEVER carry my Preach My Gospel Book EVER but for some reason something told me to put it in my bag that day.  We were in the lesson and Sister Samuelian thought of a good story we could share with them on family history and temple work that’s only in PMG.  Luckily I had mine and while we were reading it, the wife was crying.  She got so emotional about it!!! AWESOME.  They want to go to the temple; they just need some help along the way!

Speaking of temples…The Morse’s and Kevin went this past weekend and did a bunch of family names! SO COOL huh!?  They had such a good time and had us over for a delicious dinner to tell us all about it!! We also had the Ward Pot luck yesterday!  SOOOO much food. I am gaining a lot of weight; it’s terrible people!! 

The Relief Society Broadcast was awesome!!! Loved it and my favorite part was seeing 4 people I knew in the choir!!!!! I saw Maddie Hall, Alli Schofield, and two girls from my hall in Stover at BYU!!! I was freaking out I was so happy!!!  It was also cool to know that Mom and Shan were watching it at the same time.  I laughed out loud when I saw #reliefsociety on the screen!!! Next year they are going to have Twitter comments popping up on the screen during the talks or something! So trendy.  I also liked when they talked about the Provo Tabernacle fire turning into a Temple and were saying, "He doesn't leave us in the ashes." Love it!

We went to a birthday party for a 3 year old this week and it was Mickey Mouse themed! SUCH A CUTE THEME! She made caramel pumpkin french toast and it was to die for!  I thought of when Miles was Mickey for Halloween and him running down the hallway in his little yellow crocks! So funny!

A recent convert in our ward had a newborn baby this week (: His name is Grant and he is the cutest thing!!! She felt so bad we couldn't hold him!

THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH FOR THE HALLOWEEN PACKAGE!!!! It is so stinkin’ cute!!! Sister Samuelian and I are going to go trick or treating before the transfer ends so we can use all the stuff (: We love it and are so pumped!! The Journal is PERFECT!!! Thank you thank you!!! Also, the scripture marker refills saved the day!!! You’re the best Mom!!!!  Some things I could use in the near future are foot cream (: and body lotion just from like Bath and Body Works; any kind will do!!  It’s not an emergency but whenever you send something next, that would be great! Sorry (:

To answer some of your questions, Sister Wells has just been out 1 transfer more than me! I hope she is doing okay!!!! Sweet girl!  We have a lunch appointment by the beach with those special people on October 10th I believe! So far away!!!! I'm excited!!

Oh also, I loved the new scripture mastery verses....very interesting the ones they got rid of though!!!

That picture of y’all and Ben made my day (: (: I wish I could have heard him speak!!! I can totally picture it!! He is awesome and will be great!!! Thanks for going and supporting him!!!

I'm going on exchanges with Sister Stanfield tomorrow! Woot woot! She’s coming to Lynn Haven so it will be just like old times! I'm excited!!

We have done quite some tracting this past week and definitely got a lot of doors closed on us!! It’s just too funny that the second people see our name tags they say "I'm Baptist, have a good day, bye" and we don’t even get a word in! It’s just crazy down here and that is why tracting is not always effective!! But when all else fails, knock a few houses because you NEVER know! (:  There is such a great quote by President Kimball from back in the days that says,

"Make no small plans: They have no magic to stir man's souls.  This is the vision I have for the South.  I believe that one day the South will baptize more people into the church than all other English speaking missions in the world together.  There are great hosts of marvelous Baptists, and members of the Church of Christ, Methodists, and Catholics who are honorable people, and have faith in the Lord Jesus Christ and love him.  As they see their church veering off to the right or to the left of those basic teachings, they will begin to search for the truth.  And as pivotal teachers come into the church and have influence, we will see the time when we will baptize hundreds and thousands, tens of thousands.  In your day you will see a million members of the church in the South.  There will be temples plural in the Southern States.  What a great call you have to serve with these marvelous people."

SO TRUE! I feel so honored to be able to serve in the SOUTH!!! It is such a great place to be and although it is very hard the blessings will pour out and ONE DAY, the South will see sooooo many members! ONE DAY!  (: 

One last story, Sister Samuelian and I went to Ihop for dinner the other night and we passed out a pamphlet to our waitress.  When we were driving away we looked in the window and saw THREE other employees reading the pamphlet! BAM! Seed planted!!

Hope y’all have a great week this week!!! BEAT THE AGGIES!!!!! Love you and t3hank you for ALL YOU DO FOR ME!!! <3/ Sister Holmoe!!!

 Mission Conference


 Ihop

 At "PoFolks"



HUGE Flying Creature

No comments:

Post a Comment