Monday, August 25, 2014

Week 63

Hey y'all!! It’s a BEAUTIFUL day in Tallahassee right now! The past week has been KILLER HOT but this morning there is actually a COOL breeze in the air!  As the days get closer and closer to the fall I often get a huge smile on my face knowing I won't have to suffer through another SOUTHERN SUMMER!  They are no fun haha!  I sure hope my husband doesn't get a job down in these neck of the woods! 

It has been such a great week.  Lots has happened!  We often go to a park called "Lake Ella".  We call it the place for hipsters and homeless because for some odd reason that’s the crowd that’s there!  We always find lots of potentials there.  As we were walking around we met a young girl named Rivkah!  Rivkah is Jewish; very active and strict in her practicing.  She is so intriguing to me! She allowed us to share our unique message and boy was it a unique lesson!  I'd never sat down and actually taught a Jewish person before so it was a new experience.  She was very open and willing to listen.  Because she is Jewish she really had no knowledge of Jesus Christ.  We basically spent the entire time teaching about the Atonement.  She was filled with really good questions and you could see the desire in her eyes that she wanted to keep learning.  We read Alma 7: 11-13 with her and substituted the words "his people" with her name ("Rivkah").  That really touched her and she was able to see how she could use the Atonement for HER PERSONALLY. She's a college student so we'll be passing her off to the other sisters but I'm grateful for the opportunity we had to teach her that wonderful doctrine because it certainly strengthened my testimony!

Also during that lovely walk in the park we met two pastors who recently started their own church in Tallahassee.  At first they said they would listen to our message but after sitting down with them for 2 minutes I knew we were in trouble!!!!  Bless their hearts!! They would not listen to ANYTHING we were saying.  They were clearly there to bible bash and try to convert us.  It is honestly hard for me to stay serious in moments like those! haha! I thought we did as good of job as we could have.  We powerfully testified of the BOM which they slammed down but that didn't shake us! There is nothing better than testifying of the BOM as the word of God knowing you have angels and Jesus Christ himself backing up your words!  I love being on the Lord's errand :)

It is amazing how many times just being in public we have people come up to us and say they used to be Mormon. It just goes to show HOW MANY less actives there truly are who are so lost.  Rescuing efforts are so important!! Last night we met a family who just moved from China.  The husband served his mission in Hong Kong and moved back to marry his wife there.  They lived there for 15 years but have been less active for 10 now.  There is a lot of potential with this family though and I'm stoked :)

We had Stake Conference this weekend and it was SOOO amazing! The speakers were definitely inspired and it was awesome to hear President and Sister Smith speak both on Saturday night and Sunday morning!  I love them! Sister Smith spoke on sharing the gospel via social media and our members are totally fired up about that now!  Just yesterday they posted pictures of us with them and added it on Facebook with a brief testimony!  TALLY is going to flood social media with the GOOD NEWS :)

We were able to go on lots of fun extra errands this week :)  There was a visa waiter who finally got her visa so she stayed with us and then we took her to her final meal and then to the airport to send her off! I love doing that! :)  She was really excited! At the airport as we were making sure she got through security a man came up to us who was traveling from Virginia!  He was Mormon and started tearing up because he has a son who just left on a mission.  He was sharing how grateful he was to see us and how much it comforted him.  It got us a little choked up as well! Such a nice man! 

We also got to take some brand new sister missionaries out on Wednesday night!! These sisters are AWESOME! It was hilarious because they had been reading my blog since DAY 1!! haha! They already knew everything about me and remembered things from my mission that even I had forgotten!! They said they would sit and read it for hours and it would get them so excited to come out! It made my day to hear that!!! We had a blast taking them out on their first real missionary experience and no doubt they'll be STELLAR SISTERS!

There was some crazy thunder storms randomly this week! I swear like I saw the lightning strike like 100 yards away.  Luckily we were inside.  It was WILD! At an investigator’s home they had a HEATED toilet seat haha  No joke I literally laughed out loud when I sat down.  I have never experienced anything like that before! It was like HOT!  We went bowling for District Activity!! I got 111! A little rusty compared to my old scores in bowling class ;) BUT, everyone else was terrible so it was fun! haha!

Quick update on the investigators! Phil's BCD has been moved to Sep 27th so the person that is going to baptize him can be there! If all goes well Kalia should be getting baptized this weekend!! She had her interview yesterday :) The Wilkerson family has been doing FAMILY SCRIPTURE STUDY nightly....ON THEIR OWN!! I about died when I found out! They are so great!! 

Well this week is going to be AWESOME!! We have MLC with Elder Zwick tomorrow in Fort Walton Beach! And then we'll drive back in time for a regional broadcast at the stake center. And then we have a half mission conference on Thursday in Tally! We'll have sisters from across the mission staying with us for the next few days so that will be fun! Lots of planning and organizing but it will be great! :) Can't wait to hear the instruction that Elder and Sister Zwick have in store for us!!!

I LOVE y’all so much!!!!! Enjoy every day! CHEER SO SO LOUD FOR BYU!!!!! I sure will be! :) MISS YOU LOTS!!! <3/ Sister Lauren Holmoe

 H&M baby :) P-day fun!
 This is Melissa, one of my favorite members! She moved to D.C. last week though :( This was our last supper! Miss her already!
 District Pic!
 Sometimes we struggle at taking pics haha. Self timer probs
 Last pic with the 4 of us! Sister S and I are the only sisters in the district now :(
 The bowling crew!!
 Sister Alcaraz is now HOME! Sure do love this girl!
 We figured there wouldn't be a PANERA in Brazil :) (this was all on Presidents credit card, he's the bomb) ha!
 Farewell at the airport!
 These were the two sisters I took out!! LOVE THEM!
 Lake Ella Selfie <3
 Ms. Evelyn and I :) She's getting closer and closer to the temple each week!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment