Monday, June 23, 2014

Week 54

Hey y’all!!  It’s been another great week in Tallahassee!!  On Tuesday morning I was on an exchange and we went and ran stairs at the FSU football stadium.  It was SO FUN because it was completely empty and when we ran to the top the sun was just about to rise!  Oh it was SOOO pretty and the stadium is LEGIT!  It was just one of those moments when you know God is real.  Undeniable with the beauty all around us!!


Cora's baptism was really special!!!  The spirit was just so strong and I've never seen her more happy.  She was BEAMING and radiating with the light of Christ. It was a wonderful program. After the actual ordinance she stood up and bore her testimony and it was the sweetest testimony.  Then at church the next day she was confirmed and just looked SO GOOD. She prayed in Sunday school and commented in Relief Society.  She's on FIRE! 

We also got the chance to go to another baptism earlier that day.  It was the husband of an active girl in our ward.  He'd been taught by missionaries for a long time now, off and on, but a few nights ago he was reading the Book of Mormon and just got confirmation that it was true so he called the elders and said, "let’s do this thing."  A few days later he was baptized!  It was really cool to see how happy the wife and her family was and they made a video of their other family members in Utah who couldn't come to the baptism on sudden notice and it had them saying how excited they were for him.  It reminded me of the video Carlee made me before I came on my mission!! Another cool fact is this guy is CHIEF OSCEOLA for FSU! haha Isn’t that the coolest thing!?!  He is THEE one who rides the horse with the flaming torch!  He's like the cool kid on campus and now he’s totally Mormon :)  Love it!! I just love going to baptisms and being able to witness people making their first covenant.  At both baptisms the temple was brought up a lot and both have strong desires to get there as soon as possible.  CHURCH IS TRUE PEOPLE!

One of our less actives was able to come to church yesterday and she had such a great experience!! She called us and left a voicemail expressing how grateful she was that we hadn't given up on her.  Just one of those tangible blessings of missionary work <3

Another one of our less actives we are working with took us out to a super fancy lunch this week.  It was so sweet of her!!! It’s one of the nicest restaurants in Tally! I had to use my best etiquette ;) 

Throughout my mission my testimony of the Atonement has grown immensely.  As missionaries we often bear other’s burdens, mourn with them, and comfort them and it can be EXHAUSTING sometimes!!! Then I think of Christ and how he suffered EVERYONE'S pains and afflictions.  That is so unfathomable to me and I'm so grateful.  Every time I get tired or worn out of dealing with other people’s burdens I think of Christ's example of perfect love and sacrifice.  What an exemplar to follow <3

Ready for the hilarious moment of the week!?!?! hahaha Soooooo one of the sisters who came to our apartment on an exchange clogged our toilet and we thought we had fixed it but APPARENTLY NOT.  One morning, (at 6:30 mind you), when we flushed the toilet it COMPLETELY OVERFLOWED.  I'm talking like pipes broke or something and it would NOT stop.  Our entire apartment was flooded, carpets SOAKED, the floor beneath us wet. hahaha We were DYING!  I was just laughing my head off and Sister B was completely freaking out!  We had to WADE through the water haha.  I wish y’all could have seen it!! We are still working on getting our place back to normal.  We've had a dehumidifier in there for a while but there is still a gross smell near the carpets. It sure was an adventure!!! That sister will never know the trauma she caused us haha!!! Bonding moment though :)

Well I love y’all to the moon and back!!!!!! Have a great week!!!!! Miss you lots!!! <3/ Sister Holmoe
 Returning member Emma and us at the nice lunch!  That chocolate cake was THEE ABSOLUTE BEST I'VE EVER HAD!!!!!! IT WAS UNREAL <3
 Cora and I <3
Selfie of the 3 of us <3
 Brother Poole baptized her.  He went to most our lessons with her!  Cutest old man!


No comments:

Post a Comment