Monday, October 28, 2013

Week 20

Apparently Lynn Haven is the place for me!!! Here goes another transfer in this great city! I'm actually really excited to stay another transfer and finish Sister Sam’s training! All the 4 Lynn Haven missionaries are staying so no change for us!!  In fact I think most people in our entire zone are staying!  Bring on another 6 weeks!  At the completion of the next transfer I will have been in Lynn Haven for 6 months! (1/3 of my mish!)  Unreal!! 

This week was great!  We had a Trunk or Treat/Chili Cook Off Ward Activity on Saturday night!  It was A BLAST!! There were also like 11 non-members there!  Most of them were from out of town visiting their families but one of our Investigator Families came and had such a good time! This family is awesome so hopefully good things to come with them!! There were tons of Returning Members there as well.

We had a sweet Returning Member experience this week! Ever since I've been in Lynn Haven I've tried to meet this one lady.  Every time we stop by she IS home but NEVER comes out of her bedroom!  It was starting to drive us craazzzyy!  Anyways due to a cancelled appointment from an investigator we decided to stop by this lady’s house yet another time.  Little did we know SHE WOULD BE OUTSIDE!  We totally caught her (:  At first you could tell she was just like "Oh shoot" but after a series of events she ended up taking us on a drive in her SWEET CONVERTIBLE!  Top down, perfect day, it was so fun!  I felt like I was in Kaitlyn’s 4-door jeep again cruising down State Street!  We bonded in the car and then she took us inside and played the electric guitar for us!  Disco ball and everything...It was a party!  We weren’t even planning on sharing a spiritual thought because we didn't want to freak her out but she ended up asking us to.  She then opened up and told us how she would love her children NO MATTER etc and then she started to slowly recognize that is how Heavenly Father feels about her! UNCONDITIONAL LOVE!  She started crying, which was such a great moment (:  She said she wants to come back, it will just be a process...but I know that Heavenly Father led us to her at that exact moment she was outside!  Maybe I won't be so bummed when appointments get cancelled after all! haha! 

Other cool things happened this week like finding a woman who was baptized when she was 13 but hasn’t been to church SINCE???  SAY WHAT??  Sister missionaries to the rescue!!  We also tracted into a lady who turns out is the owner of the apartments where the elders lived and we talked to her for a lonnggg time!

GUESS WHAT?  The lady investigator we stopped seeing called us this week.  Yes, indeed this is true.  SHE CALLED US and said..."Don’t ask any questions, but I need to know what time church starts on Sunday and directions on how to get there."  She then called us over and said, "I'm ready now."  MIRACULOUS.  She did not come to church but at least it is still flowing through her mind!  We may not be meeting with her but she still knows we have the truth!

Yesterday was the Primary Program!  CUTEST THING EVVVVERRR!!! <3 Why does everyone get so emotional in the Primary Program!?!?  Blows my mind!  Of course I did too but still!  It was also fun because I have like a personal connection with all the kids so it was so fun to watch (:  Sweet little Jordyn is autistic and she was having a fit up there and could barely say her line but it made the program that much more special.  Her line was that she was a child of God and it was just sweet to hear her say that and watch her mom cry in the stands overwhelmed by the spirit and the love of Heavenly Father!

Mom, that book by Elaine S Dalton is really coming in handy!  Every time we give members lessons and they have girls we always use a quote from it!! They love it!!  Last night we ate at the Marrs home and they have 4 girls!  Taylor Swift LOVERS!!  They were so jealous I went to her concert before I came out here!!

It seems that everyone is cooking all these seasonal treats and every house we go to throughout the day offers us some sort of dessert! IT’S KILLER!! We also had an interesting dish this week....Vegetarian Meatloaf.  Surprisingly it was pretty good! (:  We also went to Zaxby’s this week (kind of  like Chick Fil A)  It was DELISH! Mom, you would LOVVVE their "Nibblers".  They are small chicken sandwiches but SOO GOOD!  Zaxby’s is also known for their amazing shakes and yes they were amazing!  Zaxby’s was a hilarious situation though because we just happened to go RIGHT DURING THE HIGH SCHOOLS LUNCH! Oh boy oh boy! It was so funny because we ran into one of our Laurels and allll her friends!  The girls were just staring us DOWN giving us glares left and right and the boys were smiling at us.  They were like “hey we saved you a seat over here!” Anyways Sister Sam and I were just laughing so so hard, you definitely had to be there!! We felt like we were like 100 times older than those kids when really only like 2 years...flash back to high school!!

Ben Patch sends me his long emails to his fam! THAT BOY IS DOING GREAT!!! I will forward you his first one in Ohio just so you can enjoy it like I did!! So proud of that boy!! 

This week was YW in Excellence for the YW!  We went in after and looked at everything!  It made me miss Young Women’s and all those fun things!  Especially Mom being in there with me!  Best of times!!

Mom, that card you sent me was the CUTEST/NICEST card ever!!!! It made my day! I love you!!  Also the package with the 100 grand was grand (: I loved it!!

Did I tell you...IT’S COLD HERE!?! Well like the mornings and nights are really cold! The days are perrrrfect right now!!  We don’t run as much in the mornings because its real cold which kind of makes me sad! I love running in the mornings!  And the scale was nicer to me when I ran every day! But I'm tellin’ ya, this weather is just DIVINE!!! Biking is so much easier when it is like this!!! I'm loving it!!! 

Sister Sam and I have the greatest Bible studies.  I'm somewhat reading the old testament right now and we both just have so many questions and we are learning a lot and it’s pretty fun!  We both know the same stuff, and are confused with the same stuff, so we work together to figure everything out and I'm loving it! 

OKAY so the BEST TALK IN THE ENTIRE WORLD is "Missionary Work and The Atonement" by Jeffrey R. Holland! READ IT READ IT READ IT!  It’s my favorite talk I've read so far since being on my mission and I think everyone would LOVE IT!  Especially the end....man it’s just so powerful and so good!!! Please read when you get the chance!!
We have a lot to look forward to this week!  On Saturday we are working from 11-9 at the Panama City Beach Triathlon!!  It is apparently a HUGE deal and we get free T-shirts so I'm stoked! (: We also are teaching Relief Society on Sunday! Woot woot!!

To answer some of your Q's......I was the ONLY one to get a flu shot so they better not get me sick :(  I got it at Walgreens!  Last week I sat by the returning member and her niece who is now unfortunately back in Puerto Rico for a few weeks :( :(  We told her to find the Puerto Rico missionaries though!!  Maybe she will find Murphy! The Thompsons left yesterday :( :( I'm going to miss them!!!  They were in the Lynn Haven/Callaway area all 18 months but did a little work in other places in our Stake!  They are now headed back to Oregon!  They were so awesome but the new senior couple moves in this week so it will be fun to meet them!

I'm so happy BYU WON!!!!! AWESOME!!!!!!  Christmas in CALI!!!  Sounds like it was a great game!  Also good to hear SOCCER won against Portland!!  They would swamp the field out...tisk tisk.  Dude did you know FSU is #2 in the nation!?!? Okay yeah you probably did but HOW SWEET IS THAT!?!?! My team baby!  2 weeks till they play the gators....people are starting to get real nervous!! dun dun dun!!  Mom, I'm glad your medicine is helping!! Such a small world about being President Smith’s neighbor!!  Thanks for all your emails and love and letters!!! Y’ALL ARE THE BEST!!! Cheers to 6 more weeks here! LOVE Y’ALL to the moon and back! Have an awesome week!!!! <3/ Sister Holmoe!!!
 Our District plus the Zone Leaders

 Our girl ward missionary Sister Mercier! She takes us out every Wednesday morning to make visits! She has two sons on missions right now!
 Utah State for KAIT!! <3
Zaxby's
 Convertible Ride


One day post mish I will swim at my apartment's pool!  (There is a rule against swimming when you are on your mission)
 Our ward's Trunk or Treat


Returning Members who wanted a pic with us
 Farewell to the Thompsons!

No comments:

Post a Comment